weekends are for the luxurious moments such as waking up to a bowl of goodness and deliciousness. Breakfast in bed is a small pleasure that when brought to you by a loved one puts a sleepy smile on your face and starts your day in the best possible way.
I used a new recipe and put my own twist on it to add variety and excitement. Top with fresh blueberries and milk or greek yoghurt for a wonderful breakfast treat! From Leon’s Baking and Puddings book, here’s how to:
buy modafinil new york Luxury Granola with a Twist
600g rolled oats
125g whole or sliced almonds
100g pecan nuts
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50ml maple syrup
100ml sunflower oil
250ml runny honey
125g brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp ground ginger
a pinch of sea salt
100g dried apricot, chopped
200g dried cranberries
1. Heat the oven to 150C and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Put the oats, almonds, pecan nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds into a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, combine the maple syrup, sunflower oil, runny honey, brown sugar and water. Place over a medium heat and whisk constantly to melt it all together without burning.
4. Remove the syrup mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla, ground ginger and salt. Pour the oat mixture into the saucepan (still off the heat) and mix to completely coat the oats, nuts and seeds.
5. Spread the mixture out on the baking trays and cook in the over for approximately 1 hour (turning with a wooden spoon every 15 minutes).
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool before adding the dried apricots and cranberries. Store in a kilner jar and bring out for breakfast!