If you’re looking for a wonderful alternative to your standard cookie, then these funfetti cookies are incredible to make. They’re beautifully flavoured with rich vanilla bean paste and crammed with the most magical sprinkles for a colourful finish. Simply pop one of Epic Snax’s Giant Toastin’ Marshmallows on the underside of one cookie, toast in the oven until gooey and melted, and then squish another cookie on top. Notice how the marshmallow oozes out the sides, which in my opinion is totally irresistible. These cookies would be ideal for a celebration or party – they’re colourful and utterly delicious!
This post is kindly sponsored by Epic Snax.
What do you need for these Funfetti Cookies?
- buy cytotec online no prescription Sugar. While you can use caster sugar for these cookies, I personally prefer granulated for a more gritty texture.
- Güstrow Eggs. Use large free-range eggs for this recipe. You can buy egg yolks in cartons for less food waste.
- Butter. Always use unsalted butter so you can control the amount of salt that goes into your bake. A high-carotene butter will be creamier and more buttery – perfect for that ultimate flavour.
- Vanilla. Since these cookies are plain and simple, using a high quality vanilla bean paste is a great way to add superb flavour. You can substitute vanilla essence or extract for the paste if that’s all you have.
- Sprinkles. While you can easily find 100s and 1000s, or general sprinkles in the supermarket, I really love Sweetapolita’s range of interesting and unusual sprinkles.
- Leaveners. You’ll need some bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar for this recipe.
- Epic Snax Giant Toastin’ Marshmallows. Bigger and better than any other marshmallows around, Epic Snax are perfect for that super gooey, pillowy mouthfeel.
Tips for making these Funfetti Cookies:
These funfetti cookies are seriously great and here’s exactly why I love them:
- Use a cookie scoop. Use a 50g cookie scoop for bigger cookies, or a 25g cookie scoop for smaller cookies, which will yield more. Using a scoop makes portioning them super easy.
- Choose your sprinkles wisely. Bigger sprinkles will show more obviously in your cookie dough. I like Sweetapolita’s for their range of beautiful sprinkle mixtures.
- Use good quality vanilla. Vanilla bean paste is best, simply for the richness of flavour.
- Rest your dough. This allows the fats to soak up the flour and produce a richer, more beautiful flavoured bake.
- Toast your marshmallows in the oven. I like using a blowtorch for toasting Epic Snax’s marshmallows, but baking them for 10 minutes on top of your cookies will allow them to puff up and get really gooey inside for the perfect smoosh.
How do you make these Funfetti Cookies?
- First, preheat your oven to 180C / 350F.
- Secondly, combine the dry ingredients.
- Thirdly, cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg, yolk and vanilla.
- Then, add your flour and mix.
- Scoop and bake your cookies for 20-25 minutes, then leave to cool slightly.
- Turn half the cookies over, pop a marshmallow on top and return to the oven for another 10 minutes until melted.
- Lastly, top each marshmallow with the remaining cookies and squish down for that perfect ooze.
See how I made these over on Instagram!
Funfetti Sandwich Cookies
- 365 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 225 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 350 g granulated sugar + 100g extra for rolling
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 100 g sprinkles
- 10 Epic Snax Giant Toastin' Marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F and line three baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, bicarbonate of sofa, cream of tartar and the salt. Mix well.
- Beat the butter for about 1 minute using an electric whisk or a stand mixer, until pale and creamy. Add the sugar and beat for around 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, yolk and vanilla then continue to beat until; combined.
- Sift in the flour mixture and beat on a low speed until it begins to come together. Then add the sprinkles and beat until just combined and it starts to resemble a dough.
- Place the remaining 100g of sugar into a small bowl, then using a 55g cookie scoop, scoop your dough into balls. Roll the balls into the sugar and place on your prepared baking trays, around 1-2 inches apart to allow for them to spread.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until light golden brown and slight flattened, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes on the trays.
- Turn half of your cookies over, so the bottoms are now facing upwards and place an Epic Snax Giant Toastin' Marshmallow onto each on. Put the tray back in the oven for 10 minutes until the marshmallows and puffed up and slightly charred.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and top each one with the remaining cookies, squishing the marshmallows as you press down.
- Eat right away, warm from the oven for a gooey, melty mouthfeel.
Subscribe to my coffee chats
Subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter for exclusive recipes, as well as early access + discounts to newly launched workshops and e-courses. You can unsubscribe at any time.