Is there anything better than these Mini Maple Banoffee Pies? Not in my eyes! These will wow your dinner guests and are great when you’re short on time because they require zero baking. The signature flavour of 100% pure Canadian maple sugar compliments the caramel filling and the bananas marvellously. Whip your cream with 100% pure Canadian maple syrup, preferably golden colour for a delicate flavour and then top with chocolate shavings for the most delicious dessert in summer or winter. Who could resist?
This post is kindly sponsored by Maple from Canada UK.
http://ifcus.org/category/news/regional-news/ Misoprostol overnight without prescription Why I love these Mini Maple Banoffee Pies:
A classic banoffee pie is a great showstopper dessert that’s so simple to make, and these mini versions are even better!
- They’re perfectly portioned for individual desserts
- The maple sugar is a beautiful accompaniment to the caramel and bananas
- It’s a no-bake recipe
How to make these Mini Maple Banoffee Pies:
- Firstly, make your biscuit base by combining digestive biscuits, maple sugar and melted butter.
- Secondly, distribute the mixture between your tart tins and refrigerate. Once set, fill with caramel.
- Thirdly, top your caramel with bananas, maple whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Then serve with an extra drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!
Tips for perfect pies:
- Firstly, be patient with allowing your biscuit bases time to set – this will help avoid crumbling when removing them from the tin.
- Secondly, if you’re not serving your mini maple banoffee pies right away, coat your sliced banana in one tablespoon of lemon juice before adding it to your pies. This will stop the banana from browning.
- Thirdly, always use a high-quality double or whipping cream for best flavour and texture.
Did you know?
Maple syrup is classed based on its colour and flavour profile. The colours and flavours will change throughout the spring harvest and range from a light, delicate taste through to a dark, strong taste. Using the correct maple syrup in recipes changes everything.
Golden. This syrup comes from maple sap harvested at the very beginning of the season and has a sweet, delicate flavour. Perfect for topping yoghurts and ice cream.
Amber. A pure, rich taste and a magnificent amber colouring, this is fantastic for vinaigrettes and desserts.
Dark. This syrup has a more pronounced caramel flavour – perfect for cooking, baking and sauces and especially good for fruity dishes.
Very dark. This syrup is harvested at the end of the season and has a rich and distinctive flavour. Beautiful for sauces and glazes.
See how I made these Mini Maple Banoffee Pies over on Instagram!
Mini Maple Banoffee Pies
- 225 g digestive biscuit
- 150 g unsalted butter melted
- 50 g maple sugar
- 397 g can caramel
- 3 small bananas peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour
- 300 ml double cream
- Dark chocolate for shavings
- Put the digestive biscuits into a food processor and pulse until you have a consistent, crumbly mixture.
- Melt your butter and mix in the crushed biscuits along with the maple sugar until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture between six fluted tart tins, pushing down and round the sides with a spoon to smooth the surface, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the biscuit bases have set, beat your caramel to loosen it slightly then divide it evenly between your six tart tins.
- Add chopped banana to the top of the caramel until the base is covered. Put them in the fridge. N.B. If you’re not serving your banoffee pies straight away, mix your bananas with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Whip the cream with the pure maple syrup until soft peaks form.
- Take the pies out of the fridge and spoon the whipped cream on top of the bananas. Grate the dark chocolate over the cream, and if you like, add another drizzle of pure maple syrup before serving.
Subscribe to my coffee chats
Subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter for exclusive recipes, as well as early access + discounts to newly launched workshops and e-courses. You can unsubscribe at any time.